The Creativity Club is for you!
How does it work?
- Sign up for our monthly dragonfly e-newsletter
- Every month we’ll have a new Creativity Club prompt to inspire you or complete the quick-fire challenge.
- Submit your creative work using the online form on our Submissions Page.
- Check back to see if your work has been featured on our website or social media.
If you aren’t interested in this month’s prompt – no problem! We accept all kinds of creative work. You can always send us the following:
- a review of a book you have read
- a story you have written (even if it’s just the beginning!)
- a comic you have created
- your own artwork
- a poem you have written
- anything that shows your creativity!
June Creativity Club Prompt &
Quick Fire Challenge
One day you wake up in the body of your favourite fictional character!
1. Write a “day in the life” of your favourite fictional character in the form of a journal entry. What will you do in their shoes? Will you fight crime? Use magical powers? Solve mysteries?
2. Write a letter to someone as you impersonate your favourite character. The letter can be addressed to someone that you know, or someone from the fictional character’s life.
3. Using any medium that you like, create a picture of yourself as your favourite fictional character. If you want, include other characters that your favourite knows, or fictional characters from other stories that you think would be friends with your favourite character!
Creativity Club: Quick-Fire Challenge
Set a timer for 5 minutes. Grab a pen or pencil and some paper. Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want. Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Grab a pen or pencil and some paper.
- Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want.
- Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
You might want to use your results as the inspiration for a story. You might realize it’s not exactly what you were expecting. You might even want to send it to us! Here are this month’s quick-fire words:
stifling pages oasis
Creativity Club Spotlight/Link to Gallery
This month’s Creativity Club featured artwork comes to us from Ruby!
Follow the link to our gallery to see more Creativity Club entries.View Gallery
- Entries must be no longer than 500 words (and some prompts will have shorter requirements).
- There is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit.
- Entries must be sent via the online form on the website.
- By submitting a piece to the Creativity Club, you are providing Telling Tales with permission to publish this work.