How does it work?
- Sign up for our monthly dragonfly e-newsletter
- Every month we’ll have a new Creativity Club prompt to inspire you or complete the quick-fire challenge.
- Submit your creative work using the online form on our Submissions Page.
- Check back to see if your work has been featured on our website or social media.
If you aren’t interested in this month’s prompt – no problem! We accept all kinds of creative work. You can always send us the following:
- a review of a book you have read
- a story you have written (even if it’s just the beginning!)
- a comic you have created
- your own artwork
- a poem you have written
- anything that shows your creativity!
Monthly Creativity Club Prompt &
Quick Fire Challenge
- It’s time to laugh! July 1st is International Joke Day. Tell us your favourite joke.
- Write a story or draw an illustration or comic based on this title: The Kid Who Could Not Stop Laughing.
- Design a new summer treat. Include the steps for making it in words or pictures.
Creativity Club: Quick-Fire Challenge
Set a timer for 5 minutes. Grab a pen or pencil and some paper. Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want. Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Grab a pen or pencil and some paper.
- Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want.
- Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
hurricane sea horse determinedView Creativity Club Gallery
- Entries must be no longer than 500 words (and some prompts will have shorter requirements).
- There is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit.
- Entries must be sent via the online form on the website.
- By submitting a piece to the Creativity Club, you are providing Telling Tales with permission to publish this work.
Did you miss a month? We’ve got you covered! Here are some of our previous month’s prompts.