How does it work?
- Sign up for our monthly dragonfly e-newsletter
- Every month we’ll have a new Creativity Club prompt to inspire you or complete the quick-fire challenge.
- Submit your creative work using the online form on our Submissions Page.
- Check back to see if your work has been featured on our website or social media.
If you aren’t interested in this month’s prompt – no problem! We accept all kinds of creative work. You can always send us the following:
- a review of a book you have read
- a story you have written (even if it’s just the beginning!)
- a comic you have created
- your own artwork
- a poem you have written
- anything that shows your creativity!
Monthly Creativity Club Prompt &
Quick Fire Challenge
Imagine you are a botanist (a scientist who studies plants) and you have just discovered a new species of plant. You have been asked to describe this new plant at a gathering of scientists describing this new plant.
Write this report describing the new plant and, if you like, video yourself presenting your speech.
Draw this new plant and label all of its parts.
- Write a poem from the perspective of the sun in honour of the spring equinox.
- You have been told that it’s time for spring cleaning—including your room! Describe how you would clean or reorganize your space. Even better, show us the “before” and “after” in a comic or drawing.
Creativity Club: Quick-Fire Challenge
Set a timer for 5 minutes. Grab a pen or pencil and some paper. Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want. Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Grab a pen or pencil and some paper.
- Your mission is to write NON-STOP for 5 minutes, using the three words any way you want.
- Don’t forget to stop when the timer sounds.
wind gust bucket hat leapingView Creativity Club Gallery
- Entries must be no longer than 500 words (and some prompts will have shorter requirements).
- There is no limit to the number of pieces you can submit.
- Entries must be sent via the online form on the website.
- By submitting a piece to the Creativity Club, you are providing Telling Tales with permission to publish this work.
Did you miss a month? We’ve got you covered! Here are some of our previous month’s prompts.