There are lots of activities for families to see and do between presentations. Spend some time exploring Hendrie Gardens and look for these fun things to see and do!
- Join our Scavenger Hunt–pick up a card at the info booth and win a book from Scholastic Canada
- Come check out the great selection of lightly used books to swap with or buy at the Giant Book Swap & Shop presented by Hamilton Literacy Council
- Join us in the Helen M. Kippax Garden and immerse yourself in nature, noticing all the beauty that surrounds you as you walk and read page by page the exquisite story and absorb the colourful illustrations in Pigs Can’t Fly. thank you to Scholastic Canada for sharing Wallace Edwards’ final book, a beautiful and inspiring invitation to reimagine the limits of possibility.
- Pick up a copy of our Activity Book filled with creative prompts. Thank you to Carmen Mok for providing the artwork. Downloadable copy of activity book available here.
- Head to the Global Garden to enjoy our creative activity zone presented by Telling Tales partners, including: Hamilton Public Library, Burlington Public Library, The Art Gallery of Hamilton, Imagine in the Park, Hamilton EarlyON Child and Family Centres, Dundas Valley School of Art (DVSA), and more.
- RBG Sculpture Tour Times: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Visit the major partners of the 15th annual Telling Tales Festival for fun activities and giveaways from TD Bank Group, Cogeco, and Access Storage.
- Over the years, guests have been delighted to make the acquaintance of Alice (in Wonderland), Captain Hook, Harry Potter, and many more! This year will be no exception. Look for literary characters around the garden on Saturday! Prunella and Gruella, the step-sisters of Cinderella, despise their step-sister! If you spot them on Sunday prancing around the garden, full of vanity, tell them something you think they should know! But beware, they’re quick, and hard to catch!
- Visit our Exhibitor Grove for interactive activities and information from community groups, authors, book lovers, and more.
Fill out our online survey to win great prizes! (scan the QR code with your phone to link to survey)