Telling Tales Storyscapes is a free interactive livestream for children Grades 1-6. Join us in reading a story and hearing about how it was created! Free registration via Eventbrite.
Have you ever wanted to learn how a picture book is created, or create your own? Award-winning author/illustrator Anoosha Syed shares a deep dive into how she wrote and illustrated her book That’s Not My Name!, a universal story about the struggles of having a hard-to-pronounce-name. After a reading of the book, and talking through the process, Anoosha will also do a live drawing demonstration with the audience to show how she illustrates her work.
After our presentation on February 21st, attendees will be invited to participate in our Storyscapes Project. This involves re-creating one page of a Telling Tales title, to be put together and showcased in April. Classrooms, small groups, and individuals are encouraged to sign up using this form.
Project suggestions examples for the prompt “Suddenly a dragon appeared!”:
- Drawing using crayons, pencil crayons, or markers
- Collage using coloured paper
- Picture of a diorama, could be made using toys or handmade character
- Video of a drama skit, acted out with toys or handmade characters
- The sky is the limit! If you have an idea on how you would like to recreate a page of the storybook, please sign up and we’ll be in touch.