Here at Telling Tales we are committed to making the Festival accessible to all members of the community. Thanks to the generosity of Hillfield Strathallan College we are thrilled to be able to offer complimentary bus service across the city directly to the front steps of RBG. Please sign up when registering via the order form.
Routes: see detailed route information below
Bus schedule update
Please note that strollers will need to be checked in prior to boarding bus and will be brought to the festival via our “stroller van”. Stollers can be picked up on arrival at the RBG AROUND 11AM.
Route A: Hillfield Strathallan College (9:00am) please note in this location strollers should be left at the entrance to Michael G. Degroote Senior School, security is on-site and the van will drop by shortly after the bus leaves, Beasley Community Centre (9:45am), Cathy Wever Elementary School (9:55am), Bennetto Community Centre (10:20am) – Estimated Arrival at Telling Tales 10:45am
Route B: Winona Community Centre (8:55am), St. David Catholic Elementary School (9:15am), Niwasa Kednaaswin Teg (9:25am), BGC Hamilton-Halton (10:05am) – Estimated Arrival at Telling Tales 10:30am
All buses are scheduled to leave the Festival at 2:30pm.
Some important information for all our guests joining us on the buses:
- Please bring your e-ticket(s) and/or printed copy for an easy check in
- NO food or beverage is to be consumed during the bus ride out of respect to the space and for the safety of all of our guests
- Please arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the estimated departure time (listed above and on the website); these schedules are not perfect and dependent on traffic. We do not want to miss anyone so give yourself plenty of time to spare!
- Please respect and listen to your driver. We want every member of the community to have a safe and positive Festival experience, start to finish.
- Food is available for purchase onsite; RBG does not permit picnics. We have a limited number of food vouchers available for guests who may need assistance purchasing food at the Festival. Please speak to one of our Telling Tales representatives who will be greeting you upon arrival for more information.
For more Festival information and helpful links when planning your weekend, visit the links below:
We are looking forward to welcoming you to another fantastic Festival and Celebrating 15 Years of Stories!
Hillfield Strathallan College 299 Fennell Ave W, Hamilton, ON L9C 1G3 – meet in front of the Michael G. Degroote Senior School entrance at 9:00 a.m.
Beasley Community Centre 145 Wilson St, Hamilton – meet in the parking lot by the main entrance next to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre 9:25 a.m.
Cathy Wever Elementary School 160 Wentworth St N, Hamilton – main entrance by the Rotary Downtown Hamilton free library at 9:40 a.m.
Bennetto Community Centre 450 Hughson St. N, Hamilton – meet at the main entrance by HPL Bookmobile sign at 10:00 a.m.
Estimated Arrival Time at Telling Tales 10:25 a.m.
Winona Community Centre – 255 Winona Rd, Stoney Creek – meet at the main entrance, drop off zone, next to the EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 9 a.m.
St. David Catholic Elementary School (near Eastgate Square) – 33 Cromwell Crescent, Hamilton – meet behind the school in front of the EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 9:25 a.m.
Niwasa Kednaaswin Teg 785 Britannia Ave, Hamilton – meet in the parking lot beside the school at 9:45 a.m.
BGC Hamilton-Halton (near Centre Mall) – Halton 45 Ellis Ave, Hamilton – meet in front of the main entrance at 10:05 a.m.
Estimated Arrival Time at Telling Tales 10:30 a.m.
Buses leave the festival at 2:30pm (return)Register to attend the Festival – it’s FREE!