Virtual Author Visits
Virtual Author Visits are the heart of our school outreach program. These one-hour presentations open up a window of possibility for kids—they see that becoming an author or illustrator is a real option!
Elementary, middle, and high schools can invite a Telling Tales author or illustrator to their school for an amazing VIRTUAL one-hour literary experience. Now, no matter how far away your favourite Telling Tales author lives, your school can welcome them to your community.
What makes a virtual author visit special?
Every kid gets an up-close-and-personal experience with the author or illustrator:
- When an illustrator does a drawing tutorial, it’s right there on the screen for everyone to see.
- When an author shares the cover from their newest book—or pages from the book they wrote in Grade 3—everyone in the classroom has the same access.
Questions from your class direct the presentation:
- Whether you are interested in an author’s pathway to publication, the way they overcome challenges, or tips for writing fast-paced storylines, virtual visits can meet the needs of your students.
Author visits inspire kids to create their own work:
- Telling Tales authors and illustrators show kids that they are already storytellers.
- We give kids a place to publish their work through our Creativity Club.
TEACHERS: Stay tuned for more information about Telling Tales Virtual Author Visits.
Available September–December 2021 as VIRTUAL, LIVE STREAMED visits during class hours.
For more information please email our school liaison, Laura Van Alphen.