We look forward to welcoming you to Telling Tales and hope this information helps you plan your visit.
The Main Event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with return shuttle service departing Rockton Fairgrounds to Westfield Heritage Village.
Be sure to check out the schedule to see when your favourite presenters and performers will be appearing as well as all the other fun activities and workshops we have planned.
What to bring
- The property is large so smaller children/babies may need a stroller or wagon. We have trailers to transport these from Rockton to the festival grounds.
- A refillable water bottle. Water stations are available at the event.
- Books! Bring your gently used books to swap at the Giant Book Swap and Shop.
- Picnic lunch and snacks. There is food available for purchase at the event, but you are welcome to pack a litterless lunch and snacks to keep your energy up throughout the day.
- The festival is free but there are opportunities to buy books, food and other items, so bringing cash is recommended if you wish to purchase items throughout the day.
- A blanket for sitting on the ground during performances and to enjoy a picnic or rest.
What to wear
- Dress for the weather – the festival runs rain or shine! Remember that the majority of the event is outdoors, but we do have shelter and there are lots of buildings to visit at Westfield if you need a break from the sun. (We’re positive it will be sunny!)
- Sunscreen and hat
- Bug Spray
- Shoes for the outdoors. Westfield is an outdoor property, set in nature, so wear proper footwear for walking on grass, trails and unpaved pathways.
What to expect
- Lots of interactive, engaging and FREE FESTIVAL FUN for families
- A day of stories, music, art and more!
- An amazing opportunity to explore Westfield Heritage Village
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on the festival. We can’t wait to welcome you!