We’re Going Virtual for 2020!
When nature and literature connect it makes for a magical day of family fun! This year’s Telling Tales – Nature Tales will be a virtual event held online only. We usually host this event at the world-renowned gardens and natural surroundings of the Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG), beautifully accented by the Dan Lawrie International Sculpture Collection, which provides an unforgettable and totally unique setting for families to create lasting memories. Meet Canadian authors, illustrators and other storytellers who will inspire a love of reading and connect children with stories, nature and art.
Here are some of the highlights of the 2019 festival – this year we are virtual so watch for updates on scheduling and what we will be doing online.
- Five stages – including the Main Stage in Rose Garden Tent and a new Puppet Stage
- Cherry Hill Tent featuring nature arts and craft activities
- Family-oriented discovery walks showcasing the Dan Lawrie International Sculpture Collection
- Interactive Nature Discovery Carts hosted by RBG, located along garden pathways
- Book Swap & Shop
- Book sales by A Different Drummer Books
- Author book signing tent
- RBG Gift Shop
- Nature-literacy related exhibitors
Nature Tales is normally held at the RBG and would be a free event. You would receive free access to RBG’s Hendrie Park with a pay-what-you-can, optional donation. There is on-site parking for 700+ vehicles and the RBG is accessible by public transit.